We are an advocate of equality and diversity in our work and in society as a whole. We have always sought to enable and nurture the talent of new and existing staff members with an interest in the work we do and to assist them in creating successful careers.
Our members of staff come from diverse backgrounds, and include those with overseas work and professional experience. Everyone is treated equally and fairly regardless of their age, disability, gender reassignment, identity or expression, marital or civil partnership status, political persuasion, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality or ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or gender, sexual orientation or social background.
Graduate Trainee Assistant Company Secretary
Salary: £16,500—£21,000 per annum
Benefits: Bi-annually reviewed salary, full professional study support, approved contributory pension and share option scheme, 20 days holiday bank holidays
Hours: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Cambourne, Cambridgeshire
An ambitious and growing firm of accountants with offices in the Canary Wharf area of London and in Cambourne west of Cambridge, specialising in providing services to a wide range of clients, from small and medium size growth businesses and individuals to multi-national corporations. Due to its ongoing growth the firm is looking to fill up to two Graduate Trainee Assistant Company Secretary positions at their Cambourne offices.
- Assisting senior staff in all aspects of their work as required, for example; requesting information, client liaison;
- Handling incoming telephone calls both internally and externally;
- Updating records on the internal management system and maintaining accurate records;
- Preparing and despatch of standard letters requesting and sending reminders;
- Providing ad-hoc administration support, including scanning, emailing and other clerical;
- Making suggestions on how to improve the firm’s workflow processes and procedures;
- Any other duties as may reasonably be allocated from time to time.
- The position demands a good deal of confidence from the successful individual, as well as flexibility and a willingness to further the objectives of the firm;
- May be in possession of a relevant University degree, although this is not a pre-requisite;
- Previous office experience is an advantage but is also not essential;
- Must be presentable, a clear communicator, and possess an excellent telephone manner.
Other relevant information:
- On the job training and support is provided, as well as formal training leading to a recognised company secretarial qualification;
- Flexible working is available.
There are a range of excellent long-term career prospects for the successful candidate.
Our aim is to respond to all successful applications within 14 days. If you haven’t been contacted within this time your application has been unsuccessful and your details will not be held further but we positively encourage you to apply for any other positions that you may see in the future. We apologise that we cannot contact everybody in person but thank you in advance for your interest.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all age groups.
Apply for this post